Why Visit Mexico
- Mexico is one of the countries with the largest cultural tourism in the world. Our country’s cultural, geographical and historical wealth can only be appreciated through its tourist destinations, its cuisine, its architecture, its traditions and everything that constitutes the being of a people.
- Learn about the vast range of archaeological sites around the country. Marvel at Tulum, Chichen Itza, Palenque or Monte Alban, some of these sites have been named World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Enjoy the handicrafts produced in Mexico, where the creation processes have not changed for centuries, and are handed down from one generation to the next.
- All throughout the country, you will find hundreds of squares with their church, their kiosk and their town hall.
- Admire their colonial architecture, their historical buildings and libraries, the local traditions reflected in every house, town, or city. Experience the rhythm of the life in one of its cosmopolitan cities, get fun in any of its beach destination or get away to live the magic of its picturesque towns.
Mexico Destination Facts
- Population: 128,464,908
- Area: 1,964,375 km2
- Capital city: Mexico City, population: 21,581,000
- Currency: Mexican Pesos (MXN)
- Climate: The climate of Mexico is very varied. The Tropic of Cancer effectively divides the country into temperate and tropical zones.
- Time: Mexico uses four main time zones – Southeast Zone (Eastern Standard Time), covers the state of Quintana Roo is UTC-05:00 year round. Central Zone (Central Time), covers the eastern three-fourths of Mexico, including Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey. Pacific Zone (Mountain Time), covers the states of Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Nayarit, Sinaloa, and Sonora. Northwest Zone (Pacific Time) covers the state of Baja California.
- Neighboring countries: United States of America, Guatemala & Belize.
Top 5 reasons to visit Mexico
10 thousand km of amazing beaches
34 sites as world heritage protected by the UNESCO
Charming colonial cities and magic villages
Gastronomy named world heritage by UNESCO
Easy to get to destination